The main objectives of the course are:
- to think analytically, creatively and critically in developing robust, extensible and highly maintainable technological solutions to simple and complex problems.
- to apply their knowledge and skills to be employed and excel in IT professional careers and/or to continue their education in IT and/or related post graduate programmes.
- to be capable of managing complex IT projects with consideration of the human, financial and environmental factors.
- to work effectively as a part of a team to achieve a common stated goal.
- to adhere to the highest standards of ethics, including relevant industry and organizational codes of conduct.
- to communicate effectively with a range of audiences both technical and non-technical.
- to develop an aptitude to engage in continuing professional development.
The students on completion of the programme will be ready for the jobs available in different fields like:
- Software Development (Programming)
- Website Development
- Mobile app development
- Embedded Systems Programming
- Embedded Systems Development
- Software Testing
- Database Administration
- System Administration
- Cyber Law Consultant
- GIS (Geographic Information Systems)
- IT Service Desk
And many others.
Vidyalankar School of Information Technology Information Technology department offers a three year under-graduate & 2 year post-graduate program in Information Technology affiliated to University of Mumbai.
Undergraduate Course (BSc.IT)
It is a three year undergraduate degree course with each year having two semesters
First Year-Semester 1 and Semester 2
Second Year-Semester 3 and Semester 4
Third Year-Semester 5 and Semester 6
Postgraduate Course (M.Sc.IT)
It is a two year postgraduate degree course