Dr. Sanjeewani Deshpande Memorial Elocution Competition
Born in 1935, Dr. Sanjeewani Deshpande was an erudite academician. She was the wife of Prof. C.S. Deshpande and one of the founders of Vidyalankar. In fact, she played a critical role in naming the group Vidyalankar. Her academic career is illustrious. She held a Ph.D. in English, an M.A. in English and an M.A. in Public Administration. She had more than 35 years of teaching experience in both the domains of English and Public Administration.
In the memory of Dr. Sanjeewani Deshpande’s, Vidyalankar Dnyanpeeth Trust (VDT) is organizing an Annual Inter-Collegiate Elocution Competition with the object of inspiring college students to think and speak on related subjects, besides enabling them to exhibit their speaking abilities, communication skill and to develop a reading culture among them.
Rules of the Competition
- It shall be open to all participants of the age between 15 and 21 years (as on December 31, 2018)
- Separate competition shall be held in 4 groups: Group A: English Language; Group B: Hindi Language; Group C: Marathi Language and Group D: Differently-abled students (Visually challenged).
- There shall be two rounds for each group. 5 best speakers will be selected for the final round from each group.
- The total duration of speech should be minimum 4 and maximum 5 minutes. The computation of time shall start immediately after the first announcement by the organizers.
- The speaker is expected to memorize the speech. The use of index cards is allowed only for reference of key points.
- Every participant must provide valid age proof to be qualified to participate in the competition.
Venue: Vidyalankar Auditorium, Vidyalankar Educational Campus, Wadala (E), Mumbai 400037.